People Who Can Benefit From Irlen Screening
- spend longer to complete homework and reading assingments
- complain of headaches, fatigue or strain while reading or in school
- avoid reading for pleasure
- do poorly on timed tests
- are unable to keep up
Gifted Students Who:
- could do better "if they tried harder"
- have been diagnosed with AD/HD
- have behavior problems
- find that their grades don’t reflect effort
- complain of strain, fatigue, headaches
Average Students Who:
- behavior disorders
- low self-esteem
- nervous, fidgety, irritable
Those With Emotional Problems Like:
- inefficient reading
- complaints of strain, fatigue, headache, nausea, dizziness etc.
Those With Learning Problems Like:
- dizziness, stomachaches, nausea
- Traumatic brain injury
- Depression, anxiety, OCD
- Fatigue, tired, sleepy, drained
Those With Medical Issues Like:
Irlen lifts barriers to learning and makes other supports and tutoring more effective.
Having untreated Irlen Syndrome is very challenging!
Irlen Symptoms Can Include:
- Sensitivity to bright and fluorescent lighting and glare
- Slow or inefficient reading
- Poor reading comprehension
- Poor attention and concentration
- Eye strain
- Headaches and migraines
- Poor depth perception
Irlen Syndrome Can Affect:
- Academic and work performance
- Ability to sit still
- Physical comfort and moods (tired, sleepy, dizzy, anxious, or irritable. Some can experience headaches, mood changes, restlessness)
- Attention and concentration
- Depth perception
- Motivation and self-esteem
There are three possible steps to this process:
1. Learn about Irlen Syndrome.
2. Get screened for Irlen Syndrome - At which point you will know if you have it and if so, where on the spectrum you land. You will also then receive YOUR specific color overlay.
3. Schedule a session with an Irlen Diagnostician - Those who have Irlen Syndrome severely or in ways that affect other areas of life (those situations where overlays cannot be used) may want to see an Irlen Diagnostician. There they can be evaluated for, and ultimately receive customized Irlen Spectral Filters®.